Dermal fillers are a minimally invasive treatment that help to diminish facial lines, restore volume, contour and redefine facial features. There is also Kybella filler, which destroys fats from under the chin and enhances a slimmer appearance.
How does it work?
Dermal filler treatment involves natural gel-like Hyaluronic acid being injected into target areas of the face with a cannula or needle. The filler plumps the skin from the inside out and works in place of lost fat and protein to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, and add volume to hollow areas like cheeks and under eyes.
What brand of fillers do we use?
What can you expect?
You will be required to come in at least 30 minutes before your scheduled treatment for local anesthesia ointment to be applied to the area being treated. Your medical professional may capture photographs of the soon-to-be treated area(s).
Once the treatment has started, your Registered Nurse will inject, massage, and evaluate the area being treated. If needed, an additional filler may be used to make sure you are happy with the results and that they meet your expectations.
After the treatment, your Registered Nurse will show you the results and ask if you are satisfied. If you are satisfied with the results, we will give you an ice pack to reduce the swelling and relieve any discomfort.
What are the pre-care instructions?
- Avoid blood-thinner medications like aspirin, ibuprofen, Advil and Aleve for one week before treatment
- Avoid supplements like garlic, ginseng, and Vitamin E for one week before treatment
- Avoid topical retinol products and glycolic acid products for two days prior
- Do not wax, bleach, tweeze or use any other hair removal method to the treatment area for two days prior
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours prior