Laser hair removal is one of the most common treatments used to reduce hair follicles. It is a great alternative to shaving, tweezing and waxing! Laser hair removal can remove unwanted hair from your face to your toes and feet.
- Permanently reduces 20%-25% of hair per session
- Safe, easy & proven effective
- Softens & smooths your skin
- Works on all skin types
- Saves you the money from continuous shaving, tweezing and waxing
- No more ingrown hairs and razor burn
How does it work?
During a treatment session, bright flashes of light are emitted onto the unwanted hair. The light penetrates through the skin and selectively targets the melanin in the hair follicles. The pigment absorbs the light energy, effectively destroying the hair.
What laser machine we do use?
Candela Gentle Max Pro is the laser machine we use at all of our locations.
What can you expect?
Our advanced laser will be adjusted according to the color and thickness of the hair, and location of the area being treated. Our technician and you will be required to wear appropriate eye protection to start the process. When starting, the technician will give a pulse of light to the treatment area and watch the area for a few minutes to make sure the best settings are being used, and to check for any negative reactions. Depending on the area, the session can take up to an hour. When the procedure is completed, you will be given aloe vera to ease any discomfort. Once you are re-dressed and ready, we will direct you to the front office to schedule your next treatment four to six weeks later.
What are the pre-care instructions?
- Shave the area that will be treated
- Shower before the treatment
- Do not come with make-up, lotions or anything on the areas being treated.
What areas can be treated with Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal can be treated on the full body and full face.
- Face: upper lip, neck, chin, sideburns, ears, cheeks, beard, brows
- Upper Body: chest, shoulders, back, areola, arms, underarms, abdomen
- Lower Body: legs, bikini, toes, feet, derriere, perineum
How long do treatments take?
Depending on the area, a treatment can take up to an hour.
Is this treatment safe?
Laser hair removal is completely safe and well-tolerated. There are not any long-term health risk associated with this treatment.
How do I know if I qualify?
Laser hair removal is safe to use on any skin type. This treatment is most effective on dark hair but clients with blonde, reddish or grey hair will see a slight difference.
Is this treatment painful?
Once the session begins, you’ll feel a slight stinging sensation when the laser becomes active. It really depends on your hair density and thickness, but most clients feel minimal to no pain at all.
What are the side effects of this treatment?
Laser hair removal can cause redness and irritation on the treated area.
Are there any after-care instructions?
- We recommend avoiding the sun as much as possible. Wear sunblock!
- No makeup, lotions or deodorant on the treated area for the first 24hrs
- Cleanse the treated area gently
- Do not pick, wax, thread or tweeze the treated areas
- Apply aloe vera if itchiness occurs