LASER SKIN REJUVENATION BENEFITS
Achieve soft, smooth, refined skin & look red carpet ready with our quick and easy Laser Skin Rejuvenation treatment.
- Shrinks pore size
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots, sun damage, fine lines and acne scars
- Treats melasma
- Improves hyperpigmentation
- Minimizes redness and active acne
- Improves overall skin tone
- Gives skin a glowing, youthful appearance
LASER SKIN REJUVENATION FAQ
How does Laser Skin Rejuvenation work?
Spectra LASER Carbon Peel is a no-downtime procedure that helps rejuvenate the appearance of aging, damaged skin. This gentle procedure is safe on most skin types and is a great way to get a quick skin refresher without the longer downtime associated with other laser procedures. It evens skin tone, reduces the appearance of pigment, fine lines and acne scars, and gives skin a glowing boost. Results will be noticeable with a single treatment, but work best when you have several treatments over a period of time.
- We recommend repeating the treatment weekly for 6-10 weeks to achieve an optimal results.
- Spectra laser treatments are virtually painless. If any, minimal discomfort is felt, with sensations of light heat and a small tingle over the skin’s surface. Topical anesthetic is available for those who would like it.
- Minimal rules to follow: SPF is to be worn post treatment, and limit sun exposure.
What is the difference between Acne Spectra and Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
The Acne Spectra treatment uses red heated light therapy to kill the acne-causing-bacteria and will keep your skin blemish free for a long periods of time–following the initial treatment series. The Laser Skin Rejuvenation focuses on improving uneven pigmentation, reduces the appearance of textural irregularities and fine lines.
What can you expect with a Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
Your clinic manager and an esthetician or Registered Nurse will walk you through what the treatment entails. A carbon peel mask is applied to your face before the procedure and then is removed by laser after several passes are completed. This allows the laser to reach deep into the dermal layer of the skin to stimulate collagen production.
What are the Laser Skin Rejuvenation pre-care instructions?
- Avoid tanning or excessive sun exposure for two weeks prior to your appointment.
- Remove all makeup, lotion, and other products from the area.
- You must stop the use of any acids (Glycolic, AHA, LHA) and Retin A creams (including Hydroquinone) 5-days prior to your treatment, and discontinue use until 5-days after your treatment.
- Accutane patients must have stopped treatment 6-months or more prior to treatments.
- Arrive makeup free, If you are unable to, we provide face wash and towels prior to the treatment to freshen up.
How long does a Laser Skin Rejuvenation take?
You can expect your entire procedure to take about 15-minutes from start to finish. Additional time may be needed depending on the size of the area being treated, but should last no more than 30-minutes.
How many Laser Skin Rejuvenation treatments will I need?
The number of required treatments varies from person to person depending on the severity of your skin and what you are trying to achieve. While you will see a difference in the skin’s appearance after just one treatment, it may take longer to remove deep tissue discoloration, severe acne scarring and/or hyperpigmentation.
What are the side effects of Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
Some patients may experience a temporary breakout. Patients with specific skin discoloration such as melasma should be evaluated by our experts to determine if the laser skin rejuvenation is the right procedure for them.
Are there any Laser Skin Rejuvenation aftercare instructions?
- Minimize strenuous activities for the first 24-hours.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds within the first week.
- Use sunscreen throughout your treatment process.
- Moisturize frequently.